About Vintage Stuff

The aim of Vintage Stuff is to display some of the ephemera that I have collected, often inadvertently, over the years. I am now deliberately seeking out interesting old adverts, screen shots, leaflets, obscure record covers, picture postcards and illustrations; anything that catches my eye, in fact. They will be mainly, but not exclusively of UK origin (so many vintage blogs appear to be American) and almost always a scan from something that I actually have in my collection, rather than off the net. If you do re-blog, please acknowledge the source. Further stuff, mainly photographs, can be found on my Flickr pages, via the Benny Hill record cover.

Friday 9 July 2021

All dressed up

 Well, as it's been over four years since my last posting, I guess that it's time to get going again! With England getting through to the final of the European Championships in a couple of days, this pair of pictures would seem appropriate. At least two of Dunstable's pubs were decorated for the games in 2004, these photographed on Sunday 20 June, early morning because of the light. Both pubs were in High Street North and both have since closed, The Bull being converted into flats by 2009, whilst the Mulberry Bush called time couple of years ago, and is currently derelict and will no doubt be demolished for redevelopment before too long. England played on the 24th, losing out to the host, Portugal, on penalties.

I know that I have broken my own rule by posting pictures less than 25 years old and I no doubt will do so again, but it's all history, isn't it?




No comments:

Post a Comment