About Vintage Stuff

The aim of Vintage Stuff is to display some of the ephemera that I have collected, often inadvertently, over the years. I am now deliberately seeking out interesting old adverts, screen shots, leaflets, obscure record covers, picture postcards and illustrations; anything that catches my eye, in fact. They will be mainly, but not exclusively of UK origin (so many vintage blogs appear to be American) and almost always a scan from something that I actually have in my collection, rather than off the net. If you do re-blog, please acknowledge the source. Further stuff, mainly photographs, can be found on my Flickr pages, via the Benny Hill record cover.

Tuesday 7 January 2014

Bargain Buy


I occasionally collect old film cameras, mainly from car boot or jumble sales. Charity shops can also throw up the odd bargain, such as this irresistible 1970s Pentax SP1000 with 50mm f2 lens. It is in excellent condition and well worth the ten pond note I exchanged for it at the local British Heart Foundation shop. I used several of these cameras throughout the 1970s and beyond and although I still own them all, they were decidedly knocked about over the years and none work properly any more. I had intended to put a film through over the Christmas holidays, but the weather has been too bad.


The Pentax Spotmatic family of cameras was introduced in 1964, being superseded by the K-series in the mid-1970s, these fitted with bayonet mount lenses. This advert is from Amateur Photographer, issue dated 18 January 1967.

No comments:

Post a Comment