About Vintage Stuff

The aim of Vintage Stuff is to display some of the ephemera that I have collected, often inadvertently, over the years. I am now deliberately seeking out interesting old adverts, screen shots, leaflets, obscure record covers, picture postcards and illustrations; anything that catches my eye, in fact. They will be mainly, but not exclusively of UK origin (so many vintage blogs appear to be American) and almost always a scan from something that I actually have in my collection, rather than off the net. If you do re-blog, please acknowledge the source. Further stuff, mainly photographs, can be found on my Flickr pages, via the Benny Hill record cover.

Monday 6 August 2012

The 1970s office





Two adverts from Punch magazine, 9 July 1975.

All we need now is a secretary in a short skirt..................thanks Benny.



1 comment:

  1. These are great. I've been looking at a lot of old ads from the seventies lately and have come to the conclusion that they were a lot more intelligent than nowadays, and depended as much on language as image. The typography is very telling, that micro-spaced 70's Letraset font (look at the "W/a" in Wang! Kerning- what kerning?) and the absence of any leading. Happy days...
    Dear old Benny...lol!

    ReplyDelete