About Vintage Stuff

The aim of Vintage Stuff is to display some of the ephemera that I have collected, often inadvertently, over the years. I am now deliberately seeking out interesting old adverts, screen shots, leaflets, obscure record covers, picture postcards and illustrations; anything that catches my eye, in fact. They will be mainly, but not exclusively of UK origin (so many vintage blogs appear to be American) and almost always a scan from something that I actually have in my collection, rather than off the net. If you do re-blog, please acknowledge the source. Further stuff, mainly photographs, can be found on my Flickr pages, via the Benny Hill record cover.

Wednesday 21 March 2012

Lemon Hart Rum

Having posted a little tribute to Ronald Searle a few days ago, I came across this advert in Picture Post for 19 September 1954. Lemon Hart Rum as a trading name has been around since 1804, although it's import by the Hart family goes further back into the previous century. It soon became an official supplier to The Royal Navy, later taking some 100,000 gallons per year.

I had not realised that Ronald Searle had drawn so many adverts for the company between 1951 and 1962, a fine selection of which can be seen here.


No comments:

Post a Comment